Muuttopalvelu M. Kähäri Oy General Terms of Delivery 1 January 2018
These terms apply to the services provided by Muuttopalvelu M. Kähäri Oy (hereafter Kähäri Oy) to clients both in Finland and abroad.
2. Services and Work Performances
- All of the work performances where Kähäri Oy or a subcontractor of Kähäri Oy has provided transportation/moving services or moving materials to a client shall be considered commissions.
2.2 Cancelling a Commission
- In terms of moves in Finland, the client shall have the right to cancel the order without charge 5 days before the agreed work performance. Otherwise, Kähäri Oy shall have the right to charge a compensation corresponding to 30% of the agreed work.
- In terms of moves abroad, the client shall have the right to cancel the order 12 days before the agreed work performance. Otherwise, Kähäri Oy shall have the right to charge a compensation corresponding to 30% of the agreed work.
2.3 Force majeure
- Kähäri Oy must immediately inform the client of any force majeure.
- A force majeure entitles the client and Kähäri Oy to withdraw from the commission, however, so that the client is liable to pay for the work performance that has already been done. Kähäri Oy shall not be liable to compensate any costs incurred by the client due to the force majeure.
2.4 If the work performance deviates significantly from the order, which has been agreed upon in writing or orally, e.g. the quantity of goods is larger than indicated or the client is having work done outside the order, Kähäri Oy shall have the right to charge for such work separately.
2.5 Kähäri Oy shall not be obliged to dismantle/assemble furniture or do electrical or plumbing work (e.g. disconnecting/mounting lights/washing machines), unless this has been separately agreed upon.
2.6 The transportation of safes, pianos and other, particularly heavy objects, must always be separately agreed upon with Kähäri Oy.
3. Complaints and Liabilities
3.1 In the event that during a work performance carried out by Kähäri Oy, the client’s movables or other property is broken, the client must issue a written complaint to Kähäri Oy within 14 days. Failure to do so will release Kähäri Oy from liability.
3.2 The client must be able to clearly verify the occurred accident that has led to damaged goods or other property. Failure to do so will release Kähäri Oy from liability.
3.3 All of the transportations of Kähäri Oy include a transport liability insurance in compliance with the Finnish Road Haulage Contracts Act. The maximum compensation under the liability insurance shall be EUR 20 per kg for transportation in Finland and SDR 8.33 per kg for transportation abroad, calculated per each missing/damaged kilogram of the total weight of the goods. (SDR is a monetary unit formed from different currencies, the value of which serves as a unit of account.) The client may improve the insurance cover by taking out a separate transport insurance.
3.4 The liability of Kähäri Oy does not include electronic occurrences of damage, e.g. the destruction of computer software/files, damage caused by disconnecting wires etc. or installing them in e.g. the wrong place and other comparable occurrences of damage.
3.5 The liability of Kähäri Oy may decrease or be removed entirely, if the damage can be demonstrated to have been caused by the following:
- The transported movables or the facilities where work is done are not appropriately packed/protected. Packing/protection is the client’s responsibility, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- No obvious external damage to an electronic device has occurred during the commission.
- The transported movables are particularly sensitive to variations in temperature/humidity, e.g. plants.
- The poor condition or incorrect assembly of transported movables does not enable them to be moved using normal methods.
3.6 The liability of Kähäri Oy shall not concern the sentimental value of damaged goods, indirect damages or losses.
4. Storage Services
4.1 All of the storage events where Kähäri Oy and a client have agreed on the storage of goods in Kähäri Oy’s facilities shall be considered storage.
4.2 Kähäri Oy’s storage facilities may not be used to store: dangerous or hazardous goods, goods that are sensitive to temperature variations, e.g. plants, sensitive works of art.
4.3 In the event that an invoiced storage lease has been unpaid for over a month, Kähäri Oy shall have the right to terminate the storage agreement.
4.4 Kähäri Oy shall not be obliged to hand stored goods over to the client if there are unpaid storage fees. In the event that the storage fees cannot be collected from the client, Kähäri Oy shall have the right to sell any unretrieved goods.
5. Terms of Invoicing
5.1 Storage services are invoiced monthly or as agreed upon.
5.2 In the event that an agreed work performance includes intermediate storage, at least 50% of the moving invoice must be paid immediately when the intermediate storage period begins.
5.3 Work performances are invoiced either in advance in full (private individuals) or after the work performance (businesses). The term of payment for businesses is 14 days. The penalty interest shall be the penalty interest issued by the Bank of Finland at the time.
5.4 In the event that the business paying for an order has a bad credit record, Kähäri Oy may demand advance payment for the work performance.